There are 25 Essential Biblical Truths / Marriage Skills for marriage satisfaction.
Experiencing them = Thriving marriage
Rejecting them = Dying marriage
Though couples experience different symptoms, such as anger, resentment, and withdrawal, the root of these issues is almost always the same: failing to experience these 25 Essential Biblical Truths / Marriage Skills.
Instruction and training sessions are presented in a group format. Then couples break out into private sessions (just you and your spouse) to do intimacy building exercises.
Unfortunately one-hour counseling sessions just do not offer enough time to develop the essential marriage skills or heal the damage done from violating them. When couples bring painful issues to the surface without enough time to resolve them, these couples actually re-activate these old wounds and go away feeling worse than when they came! Leaving a counseling session with unresolved agitation tends to create more conflict among couples, not less.
The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™, facilitated by Karl Elkins, eliminates this problem by addressing issues in a concentrated, three-day format. It s equivalent to receiving 18 weeks of counseling in just three days (6 hours a day). This format allows time for each partner to be heard and to actually resolve each issue that rises to the surface.
A heart surgeon would never open you up once a week for 18 weeks. He would instead address all of the relevant issues during a single operation. Wouldn t it be great if you could open up all the hurtful events of your emotional heart, and resolve them over three days? Through the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ you can!
- Prevents new hurts. Weekly one-hour sessions leave you more sensitive and vulnerable to new hurts that are raised but not completely resolved. This format allows for plenty of time to completely resolve the issues.
- Cost effective. The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ costs about $22 an hour per couple—much less than hourly rates of $90 to $200 for individual counseling. Those who feel the need to follow-up with individual counseling will require far fewer sessions.
- It works! Ample time is provided to resolve each issue that surfaces as both parties are able to address “their side of the story” and contributing factors.
- Addresses root problems. With enough time, the surface issues can be peeled back and the root problems can be addressed.
- Allows for the “how my partner influenced me to do what I did” factor. If you are influencing your partner s “bad” behavior, wouldn’t you want to know? The Three-Day Marriage Clinic allows time to discover this.
- Fluid. It is much easier for couples (and counselors) to flow from one issue to the next whenever sessions are provided back-to-back, rather than on a weekly basis.
- Fast. Experience the equivalent of 4-5 months of counseling in only three days. In three days most couples can successfully resolve all of their conflicts—or at least master the process to resolve these conflicts on their own.
- Distraction free. This format allows you to escape the distractions of chores, children, TV, e-mail, phone, and work so you can get your partner’s full, undivided attention. This is especially true if you choose to stay in a hotel, which we highly recommend.
- Agreeable. Partners who will not commit to weekly counseling for six months, are often much more open to our three-day approach.
- More effective with partners having affairs. Often when one person wants out of a marriage it is because they are involved with another person. In these difficult cases, it is important to get them out of their harmful environment (away from the other person) and allow enough time to pierce through their calloused heart. Rarely will this person commit to the typical six months of weekly sessions—because they usually just want out. However, they will often consider three days of counseling.
- Eight to 17 percent more actual counseling time. In weekly counseling, counselors take five to ten minutes each hour to document the session, receive payment and schedule future sessions. The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ avoids this administrative time completely because all of the charting, scheduling, and payment for all 18 hours is taken care of at one time.
- May be reimbursed by your insurance company. If your policy covers educational group counseling, you could be reimbursed. If not, at $22 an hour, the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ is still an excellent value. Some companies pay for this a employee training or CEU's.
- Can be easily followed up with individual counseling as needed. Many want the security of ongoing follow-up individual counseling to guard against relapse or to deal more thoroughly with difficult and issues. The Monthly Marriage Enrichment Group offers support, encouragement, and accountability through the counselor and other couples.